Princess of Jozi

"The most stylish thing you can own is individuality"

Monday 24 October 2016

{OUTFIT} | Oui C’Est Moi + Frayed Denim DIY



Hi dolls! Frayed bottom denims have been very much on trend lately. I’ve seen them in countless different shades and shapes in street style at the various fashion weeks and I think they’re just so chic.
Fortunately this is a trend that won’t scare your bank account. You can revive an old pair of jeans with a simple DIY that I am sharing today.

What You Need


- A really sharp pair of scissors. Fabric scissors are ideal but you can use any pair you are comfortable with as long as they’re extra sharp.
- Ruler
- Chalk
- Clean Tweezers
- An old pair of denims, still in wearable condition. Any pair will do here, but for the specific look in this outfit you will want to go with a skinny fit or slim fit.

Step 1
Make sure the denims are clean and ironed. Put them on and decide where you’d like them to sit once they’re cut. Be 100% sure because you are going to cut the jeans. Make a small mark with the chalk.
Step 2
Remove the jeans, measure (for accuracy) and mark off where you’d like the new length with the chalk. Make sure that it’s fairly even on both sides of the leg.


Step 3
Cut straight across the line you just drew. Try to cut in one motion so that the cut is straight and even. It doesn’t have to be perfect but you also don’t want it to be completely uneven or unmatched. Repeat this on the other leg.
Step 4
You will see lots of loose threads at the point where you cut the denims. Using the tweezers, pull at the threads horizontally. Do this until you’re happy with the level of fraying. It does help to see the frays better if you fold up the bottom of the denim.


Step 5
Remove all the stray threads and dust off the denims. Try the jeans on again to make sure you’ve got the look you’ve desired.
Step 6
Wear your new frayed denims and join the chic club ;)



About the Outfit:


Denims – Koton (Customised as above) | Shirt – ZARA | Shoes – ZARA | Sunglasses – Guess



I bought these denims at Koton when I was in Istanbul last year and even though they are incredibly comfortable I hadn’t worn them that often. It is a very classic blue skinny cut and I thought that they could do with a little trendy update. Now I can’t stop wearing them!



In this look I wore my newly customised denims with this chic high-low cotton shirt from Zara. I love the shape and the cute embroidery! I complimented the shirt with these exquisite red heels and a swipe of red lipstick. Naturally, a pair of sunnies finished the look!



Have you done any DIY and customising with your denims? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @LadyZaa


Until next time

"We must never confuse elegance with snobbery." —Yves Saint Laurent

Love and sparkles
Zaakira xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers... Please feel free to comment:)