Princess of Jozi

"The most stylish thing you can own is individuality"

Thursday 10 November 2016

{BEAUTY REVIEW} | Clinique Pep-Start™

I’ve been using Clinique on my skin for as long as I can remember. 3-Step literally saved my skin and the Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk is simply magical (let me know if you’d like a full review of that). So, when I saw the new Pep-Start™ range I absolutely had to try it out. I’ve been using the HydroRush Moisturizer and Pep-Start™ Eye Cream for almost a month now and today I am sharing my thoughts on them.


Before Glossier and Instagram were a thing, Clinique’s pistachio green tubes and bottles and pretty pastel products were very much Instagram-worthy. Pep-Start™ is no different, with its youthful, eye-catching brightly coloured packaging and see-through colourful jars. It is a lot bolder and brighter then Clinique’s previous stuff but I welcome the newness. The jelly-bean colours and squared jars look great on my dressing table! (And my Instagram feed).


Pep-Start™ HydroRush SPF20 Moisturizer
RSP ZAR395


This is described as an “instantly refreshing formula” that “hydrates all day.” It also provides UV protection and is suitable for all skin types. (!)



I picked this one over the more popular HydroBlur because I have been suffering from dry skin and I needed something that would provide loads of moisture.

The formula is light and really melts into the skin, providing instant moisture that doesn’t sit on top of the skin causing shine. It wears really comfortably and delivers moisture for almost 8 hours. My skin feels really soft but not weighed down or oily. It is also really comfortable under makeup.
It contains an SPF of 20 but if this isn’t strong enough you can always layer it with something stronger on top.  



I LOVE this moisturizer and I think I will definitely repurchase it.

Pep-Start™ Eye Cream
RSP ZAR330


“A pep rush for eyes. Just 3 seconds to look wide awake, refreshed. Hydrates, brightens, perks you up.”

This is unquestionably the eye cream that I have been longing for. It contains peptides for hydration and brighteners that instantly lift the under-eye and reduce puffiness. I’m always looking for something that works on reducing my bags and circles but also makes a visible instant difference and the Pep-Start™ Eye Cream definitely does all of this.



To use the product, you squeeze the tube to dispense product onto the round applicator tip and then swipe under the eyes. The rounded applicator is meant to massage and be soothing to the eye area.
I use the Pep-Start™ Eye Cream in the morning and night and I also keep it in my handbag for a quick de-puff if I am having a long day. The formula is delicate but extremely hydrating. I can immediately see a difference when I put it on.


It also pre-brightens and provides a great lift to the eye area before applying under-eye concealer and because it is so hydrating it helps stop the concealer from pooling into fine lines if you have them.
Needless to say I will be repurchasing the Pep-Start™ Eye Cream once I’ve finished which will be soon!

You can purchase these products online at www.Clinique.co.za or at your favourite Clinique counter. Stuttafords currently has a 30% off all their Clinique products so this is the perfect time to stock up!

Have you tried any of the Clinique Pep-Start™ products? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @LadyZaa

Until next time

Love and sparkles

Zaakira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers... Please feel free to comment:)