Princess of Jozi

"The most stylish thing you can own is individuality"

Friday 12 August 2016

Pre Birthday Spoils with Pandora


This week was pretty exciting! On Wednesday I was invited for a little pre-birthday spoil with Pandora.

I visited the new Pandora store in the Mall of Africa which also happens to be the biggest one in the country. The interior of the store is warm, welcoming and luxurious with lots of lovely, soft pink touches. I’m so in love with the gorgeous pink glass light fittings. I wish I had taken a photo to share with you but I only had shopping and jewels on my mind ;)




Pandora started as a small family run jewellery store in Copenhagen before establishing itself as an international luxury brand. The Enevoldsen couple Per and Winnie opened their store in 1982 and sold imported jewellery from Thailand. Today it is the third largest jewellery company in the world in terms of sales (behind just Cartier and Tiffany and Co.!) and boasts a presence in 80 countries including South Africa. 


Despite the brand’s dramatic growth, the original values and aesthetic remain the same. Pandora’s production site still exists in Thailand and they source the finest metals and stones to craft their jewellery. 14k gold and sterling silver are married with Murano glass and enamel, gemstones, stones and cultured pearls to create the beautiful pieces we know and adore.


The charm I picked for my bracelet is a cute little Panda. I chose it because it was just too adorable to resist. I absolutely love Pandas and now I have one that can go everywhere with me. I’d like to name him but I haven’t thought of anything yet. Let me know if you have any suggestions!



I’d also like to share a small tip with you on cleaning and caring for your Pandora bracelet. If you find your bracelet is a bit dull or it has picked up some dirt soak it for 5-10 minutes in some lukewarm water with a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub it if necessary and then dry the bracelet with a soft cloth. Use a polishing cloth (available at Pandora stores) to polish it afterwards. No jewellery cleaner or harsh chemicals necessary!


In just over 2 weeks we will be celebrating Pandora’s new AW16 collection. I can’t say much but I do know that if you love jewellery you are going to fall head over heels!



Until next time

Love and sparkles
Zaakira xox



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers... Please feel free to comment:)