Princess of Jozi

"The most stylish thing you can own is individuality"

Thursday 11 August 2016

{BEAUTY} | Skin Rescue with Nivea


My skin has been on a really rough (ha!) journey lately. Johannesburg can get pretty dry in the Winter. I’m talking drier than those conversations with cousins you have nothing in common with on Eid day. On top of that I didn’t take into account how much the airplane (four 7+ hour flights within 2 weeks) and all the air conditioning during my travels would affect my body. I gave my face extra TLC with oils and masks and completely neglected my skin (never again!).

Thankfully I managed to nurse my skin back to that glowy, soft state that I love. Today I will be sharing how I did that with you.


These are the 4 Nivea products I used and I am currently using.

Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Lotion


This is my Day One body moisturizer. It is infused with cocoa butter and is extremely nurturing to the skin. It provides tons of long lasting hydration and absorbs really easily into a comfy non-greasy finish. Nivea’s Cocoa Butter Body Lotion also has a really heavenly delicate scent that lingers throughout the day.

Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Moisturiser


This product is new to my routine. It is described as a rich water-in-oil emulsion which makes the product quite liquidy. Despite being runny, it absorbs extremely well into the skin and provides intensive, luxurious, non-greasy hydration. The formula blends Almond Oil with Vitamin E and intensive caring Lipids for extra nourishment. The moisturization lasts about 24 hours  and gives the skin a nice glow by eliminating dullness caused by drying. The scent is very neutral.  I’ll definitely be keeping this one around.

At night after showering I layer the Cocoa Butter Body Lotion and Rich Nourishing Body Moisturiser for intense hydration through the night. It’s a real treat!


Nivea Crème



This is the OG skin saver. I remember my late grandmother using this and I keep this mini tin in my handbag for instant hydration when necessary. It’s really good for dry patches, knees, elbows and hands. It smells like, well, Nivea. Familiar and comforting.

Nivea Express Hydration Hand Cream


I can’t stress the importance of using a good hand cream along with whatever else you are using to moisturize your body. The worst thing, however, is waiting for a rich hand cream to absorb before handling anything.  Nivea’s Express Hydration Hand Cream is infused with natural sea minerals and is mixed into a lovely fast-absorbing formula. It melts into the skin quickly and is highly nourishing while still being light and fresh. The scent is very subtle and pleasant. Keep this around and apply whenever you feel you need it; especially after washing hands.

Most Nivea products contain their patented Hydra IQ technology which claims to support the skin’s own hydration network to release moisture when the skin needs it, which is said to last more than 24 hours.

What do you use when your skin needs extra moisture and TLC? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @LadyZaa

Until next time

Love and sparkles

Zaakira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers... Please feel free to comment:)