Princess of Jozi

"The most stylish thing you can own is individuality"

Monday 10 October 2016

{OOTD} | POW!


On Saturday, after my brothers and the husband got home from rAge, we were having a chat about the revolting culture of misogyny in gaming. This went on to the general culture of misogyny. They were all pretty appalled and disgusted at how a presidential candidate could brag about sexual assault. They were very much insulted by the fact that he chalked it up to “locker room talk” because that is not a normal way for men or boys to talk. What is even worse is that the only defence in last night’s debate was basically just like, “Well, at least I’m not as bad as ISIS.”  (!!!!!!!!!!)

The fact that I feel  ”happy” and “lucky” to be married to someone who is so vocal about the rights of women says a lot about the choices we have. The fact that a 12 and 13 year old think that they have a thing or 2 to teach grown men about how to respect and treat women should tell you everything you need to know about the world we live in.

It has never really been “easy” or “comfortable” to be a girl or woman on this planet. Despite this, women and girls have gone through life displaying great amounts of bad-assery and awesomeness in absolutely everything they do! Pow! You go girl!



About the Outfit:

Tulle Skirt – ZARA | T-Shirt – ZARA | Boots – ZARA | Sunglasses – Thrift Store | Choker – Custom | Ring – Pandora


I absolutely love tulle skirts; they are just so extra and filled with drama! ;) Needless to say, I couldn’t resist getting my hands on this one from ZARA. It’s a little more casual than a full-on tulle tutu but the glitter gives it a nice finish. Be warned though, this skirt sheds and the glitter goes EVERYWHERE. I’ve been sweeping up glitter since I got it!



In this look I wore it with a sequinned t-shirt and boots for a cute but edgier look. Of course, the theme is monochrome! I saw a similar choker on Gigi Hadid (let's also not forget about how yet another man who thought he could grab a woman without her consent. You go Gigi!) during Fashion Week and I really wanted to replicate it so I tied some net fabric around my neck. If you'd like some ready-made options, you can find some really exquisite chokers on www.shopbrettrobson.com 



I finished the look with a swipe of MAC’s Viva Glam Ariana II which is a lovely, vibrant matte mauve colour. You can still pick one up at MAC and remember that EVERY CENT of the selling price is donated to the MAC AIDS Fund which assists children and adults living with HIV and AIDS.


Until next time

There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.” – Michelle Obama

Love and sparkles

Zaakira xox

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Apart from this post being very thought provoking; I also love how you styled the tulle skirt. Great post :)

    www.CKO-coolkidsonly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so so much Lauren!

    Zaakira x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers... Please feel free to comment:)