Princess of Jozi

"The most stylish thing you can own is individuality"

Tuesday 29 November 2016

{NEW IN} | Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Trio


Part of Urban Decay’s new holiday drops is the dreamy and sublime Naked Illuminated Trio. This little palette contains three new shades of Urban Decay’s iconic Naked Illuminated shimmering powder. I love strobing, highlighters and shimmery makeup; glazed donut cheekbones are my life goal, so you can just imagine my delight when this one landed in my hands!


Naked Illuminated is basically a shimmer powder for the face and body. The product contains microfine, light reflecting iridescent particles that give your skin a radiant, luminous look.


The actual palette and packaging is really pretty. It is illustrated throughout with a soft long exposure image of coloured lights (or maybe sparklers?) and contains a large mirror. I do, however, miss the glittery packaging of the original Naked Illuminated boxes. The palette also contains a soft double ended face brush.



The three shimmering powders weigh 250g and are a baked formula. Urban Decay’s baking process ensures intense colour payoff, high shimmer and a soft, silky feel. On touch, the powders feel particularly smooth and blend incredibly well. I sometimes layer and blend them together for a different look.



You can use them to highlight your cheekbones or even on your body. I love using a little shimmer on my shoulders and collarbones sometimes. Naked Illuminated is really comfortable once worn on the skin. You truly feel “Naked”.  


I’ve worn all the colours separately and I’ve blended them together on a few separate occasions and the wear is really good. Between the three shades, the sheen only begins to wear off between 6 and 7 hours.

Pyrite is a deep champagne gold shade with gold micro-shimmer. Once applied it leaves a lovely warm glow on the skin and adds tons of radiance.


Oasis is a beautifully marbled taupe shade in the palette but once swatched and applied it shows as a delicate fawn with fine silver sparkles. It is slightly sheer once blended but provides a lovely subtle twinkle.




Twilight is a gorgeous, soft lustrous pink. It contains warm, peachy pink shimmer but I’ve also noticed a slight hint of iridescent sparkle once applied.



All the shades are really lovely and for once I can’t quite pick a favourite! I’m hopelessly in love with this palette!


Urban Decay’s Naked Illuminated Trio retails for ZAR650. I think this is an absolute steal for THREE shimmer powders!

Have you gotten your hands on one yet? Let me know @LadyZaa and join the conversation by using #UrbanDecaySA


*Sample provided by the Urban Decay fairies

Until next time

Love and sparkles(!)

Zaakira xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers... Please feel free to comment:)